Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Interstate Storage? Interstate Storage is located at 16345 Kenyon Ave in Lakeville, MN 55044. Find us near Interstate 35 and just minutes away from surrounding areas such as Burnsville, Buck Hill, Eagan, and Bloomington. For Directions Click Here: Interstate Storage Lakeville
What types of leases are available? We offer month-to-month leases so tenants are able to keep their unit short or long-term.
How do I pay my storage bill? You can pay your storage bill by going online every month using a debit or credit card, stopping in the store, or giving us a call and we can process the payment over the phone. Auto pay is also available.
Am I able to use dollies or carts? We have dollies and carts for tenants to load and unload their belongings with ease.
What does climate controlled mean? Climate controlled means maintaing a stable temperature and humidity level in your storage unit. Unit's that are climate controlled are good for:
- Antiques, especially wood furniture
- Musical instruments and Vinyl Records
- Mattresses and Furniture
- Books, magazines, Art, Electronics
- Important documents
How do you use your locks? Our locks are key-less locking, which means you only need the key to unlock the unit. Please take a look at this video we created of how to unlock and lock your unit with our cylinder locks. Click Here
Is the facility under video surveillance? Yes. Our video cameras help us monitor the facility 24/7. We do our best to create a safe and sound facility for our tenants.
Are the units drive-up accessible? All of our ground floor units are drive-up accessible.
How do I know what size unit I need? Our storage calculator will help you determine the size you will need. Stop into the store and one of our facility members will show you what the unit sizes look like.
What am I NOT ALLOWED to store? Tenants are not allowed to store living animals, gasoline, explosives, flammables, and hazardous materials. Give us a call or read through your rental agreement if you have additional questions about a specific item.
What are your office hours? Our office hours are: Monday-Friday 9:30am-6:00pm, Saturday 8am-5pm and Sunday CLOSED
When can I access the facility? The facility access hours are 6am-9pm 7 days a week.
Can I store a passenger vehicle in a unit? Yes! We have two sizes that you are able to store a vehicle in. The sizes are 10x25 and 10x20. Call today for more information. 952-242-0800
Do I need insurance on my storage unit? Yes! Your storage unit must be insured at all times. We have two policies we recommend through us, or if you have homeowners or renters insurance that covers off-site storage you may use that. If you use your own policy, we need to be added as an additional interest, so we are notified if the policy cancels, changes, or expires. Give us a call for more information.
Rules and Regulations
- Do not give your gate access code to anyone, unless they are an alternate contact on your account. Guests should park outside, not in the drive thru.
- The Office is closed on all major holidays.
- Facility access hours are 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. Seven days a week.
- Your unit must be locked at all times, unless you are accessing it. Your unit must also be insured at all times.
- 5 m.p.h. speed limit at the Facility.
- Only one vehicle may enter the gate at a time. Tailgating another vehicle may result in damage to your vehicle or injury to yourself, as well as to the gate and the gate system, and is strictly prohibited.
- No storage of food at the Facility.
- Do not connect refrigerators, freezers, or any items, other than lights to electric outlets. The electricity could be turned off at any time and you must have written permission to use Owner’s electricity.
- Please turn off your vehicle's engine when in the drive through.
- No open flame of any type, such as; camping equipment, cutting torches, kerosene lamps, candles, etc. are allowed in the Storage Space.
- Remove all trash and unwanted items in your Storage Space. Do not put any unwanted items in unrented Storage Space(s). Occupant is responsible for the disposal of all items.
- No work may be performed on any motor vehicle on Owner’s property including no changing of oil, antifreeze or other fluids of such vehicles.
- Upon vacating the Storage Space, Occupant will remove his/her lock and notify the management office, that Occupant has fully and finally vacated the Storage Space.
- When loading or unloading Occupant’s Personal Property, Occupant shall park parallel to the building to allow traffic to flow through the aisle way. There is no backing the vehicle straight or on an angle toward the door of the Storage Space.
- Do not prop open the building doors.
- Owner must approve all lock cuts.
- No smoking at any time in the Storage Space or at the facility.
- No consumption of alcohol at the Facility or in the Storage Space.
- No illegal drugs or other contraband may be used or stored in the Storage Space or at the Facility.
- No loitering at the Facility.
- For the safety of all, no play or horseplay is permitted at the Facility.
- No animals, except for service and companion animals, are permitted on the Facility.